Mon - Fri:
10am - 5pm
Sat - Sun:
11am - 4pm
11am - 4pm
In May we are teaming up with Justin Miles, Executive Chef at Windy Point restaurant for a five course dinner matched to our wines. In case you aren’t able to join us, Justin has kindly shared a recipe for you to cook at home. This will match beautifully with our Command Shiraz.
4 x 250g Mayura Wagyu rump (or equivalent)
4 tablespoons Newman’s horseradish
1 tablespoon crème fraiche
250mL whipped cream
50g golden oyster mushroom
400g cocktail potatoes
200g brussels sprouts
4 pickling onions
200mL glaze or reduced stock
2 heads of garlic
1. Wrap garlic heads in tight alfoil ball and place in 150C oven for 2 hours. Remove allow to cool, peel and remove tender bulb. Mash to paste – set aside.
2. Cut cocktail potatoes skin on to nice even shaped cubes. Place in boiling , salted water for 20 minutes. Drain and run through a little oil, season – set aside on small oven tray.
3. Halve onions width-ways (skin and tails remain on) and sear with a little oil in a heavy based pan for 8-10 minutes on low-medium heat till bases are burnt. Place in a small bowl and cover with cling wrap to soften. After 15 minutes peel off skin and separate individual layers to get little rimmed burnt onion petals – add to potatoes on oven tray.
4. Mix horseradish, whipped cream and crème fraiche together in a bowl til combined, season and set aside.
5. Sear portioned rump on BBQ or heavy based pan for 2 minutes on each four sides – set aside on another oven tray.
6. In same pan or BBQ lightly sear mushrooms – set aside on same oven tray as rump.
7. Halve brussels sprouts and in same pan sear on cut side till burnished golden – set aside on same oven tray as rump and mushrooms.
8. Preheat oven to 200C.
9. Place potatoes and onions in oven for 20 minutes til golden.
10. Add oven tray of rump, mushrooms and brussels sprouts to oven once potatoes are golden and cook all for further 7-11 minutes.
11. Warm glaze/reduced stock.
12. Time for plating! Spoon horseradish mixture into onion petals. Add meat, brussels sprouts, mushrooms. Place garlic puree on potatoes, then add to plate. Finish by pouring glaze/reduced stock over meat to serve.
13. Pair with a glass of Command Shiraz and enjoy your meal!
Story from our newsletter, the Elderton Buzz – March 2022 edition
The Elderton COMMANDERS are our most loyal supporters, and we think they deserve to be a part of a special group. Membership is on an annual basis, updated each financial year.
Elderton customers are invited to be a COMMANDER if they have spent at least $1500 on wine through Cellar Door and the Eldertonian mailing list in the preceding financial year.
Members receive an individually numbered COMMANDER key tag which gives access to some great rewards. An added bonus is that Elderton Commanders has no membership fee.More details
Eldertonians are our friends, our supporters! Being an Eldertonian means you are on our mailing list and can receive our bi-annual Buzz Newsletter, special offers via email and invites to events at Elderton and in your home state.
You can also order wine online, view your past online orders and receive free door to door delivery anywhere in Australia, for orders over $175.Register Now
Subscribe to receive our newsletter, exclusive special offers and invites to events at Elderton and in your home state.