by Jess Ruciack
The latter half of the year is award season for the wine industry. And whilst the general public is more aware that the Brownlow or Dally M are nearly upon us, we are looking forward to awards nights for the following, in which we are finalists:
Great Wine Capitals – Best of Wine Tourism Awards
After taking out the gong for ‘Wine Tourism Services’ at the 2019 Great Wine Capitals awards, we have been named finalists again for the 2020 awards. We are very proud of this recognition.
The awards program is a part of Adelaide’s membership in the Great Wine Capitals Global Network and recognises leadership, innovation and excellence in wine tourism.
The Great Wine Capitals Global Network includes San Francisco/Napa Valley (USA), Bordeaux (France), Bilbao/Rioja (Spain), Mainz/Rheinhessen (Germany), Mendoza (Argentina), Porto (Portugal), Valparaìso/Casablanca Valley (Chile), and Verona (Italy). Adelaide, South Australia joined the Network in July 2016.
Congratulations to all the businesses who have been announced finalists for this year’s Best of Wine Tourism Awards:
- Accommodation – Beresford House (McLaren Vale); Lanzerac Country Estate (Barossa); Woodstock Wines (McLaren Vale)
- Architecture & Landscape – Kimbolton (Langhorne Creek); Chapel Hill (McLaren Vale)
- Art & Culture – Coriole Vineyards (McLaren Vale); Bird in Hand (Adelaide Hills)
- Innovative Wine Tourism Experience – d’Arenberg (McLaren Vale); St Hugo (Barossa); Shaw + Smith (Adelaide Hills)
- Sustainable Wine Tourism Practices – Kalleske Wines (Barossa); 919 Wines (Riverland); Gemtree Wines (McLaren Vale); Jacob’s Creek (Barossa)
- Wine Tourism Restaurants – Hentley Farm Restaurant (Barossa); Hollick Estates (Coonawarra); Maxwell Wines (McLaren Vale); Mallee Estate Wines (Riverland)
- Wine Tourism Services – Elderton (Barossa); Penfolds Magill Estate (Adelaide Hills); Pindarie Wines (Barossa); Yalumba Family Winemakers (Barossa)
Australian Women in Wine Awards
We are excited to share that our Cellar Door Manager, Jodhi Thoms, has been named a finalist in the Women in Wine Awards – Cellar Door Person of the Year!
The Australian Women in Wine Awards – which are owned and operated by The Fabulous Ladies’ Wine Society – celebrate and reward the work of women in the Australian wine community, and community leaders who champion equality and fairness for all sexes in the workplace. They are the only awards program for women in wine in the world.
Read more about the other finalists in the running for Cellar Door Person of the Year.
Good luck, Jodhi!
RAA Voter’s Choice Tourism Award – part of the South Australian Tourism Awards
Voting is now open for the 2019 RAA Voters’ Choice Tourism Award, which is designed to recognise a high level of service excellence provided by two South Australian Tourism Awards finalists.
We’d love for you to vote for us, Elderton Wines!
And by voting you have the chance to win prizes thanks to RAA, including a Lions 360 Experience at Monarto Zoo, a 2-night getaway at Rawnsley Park Station or a 2-night Kangaroo Island package.
Voting closes Monday, 7 October 2019. Head to the RAA website and click on the big yellow button to vote. Then scroll through to find Elderton Wines for your vote!