12 May 2020
by Elderton Wines collaborating with Vintners Bar & Grill
Food and wine matching at home
With cooking at home and dining-in happening more in everyone’s life at the moment, we think now is the perfect time to share recipes to match with our wines.
A while back, our good friend, Chef Peter Clarke, of Vintners Bar & Grill kindly put together a recipe for us, to be matched with our Neil Ashmead Grand Tourer Shiraz or the Barossa Shiraz. He made this recipe to be home-cook friendly, so it is packed with flavour but it stress-free to make.
This is Pete in the kitchen at Vintners. He is passionate about fresh, local produce and seasonal menus. Vintners is a family favourite of the Ashmeads, with many long lunches and long dinners enjoyed at the restaurant! It isn’t unusual to see a car with a SHIRAZ or CABSAV number plate still in the carpark the next morning, as the hospitality is outstanding. We are very much looking forward to dining there again as soon as the restaurant re-opens in this ever-changing world!
photo credit @vintnersbarossa
Lamb Rack with pea puree and tarragon bread salsa
by Peter Clarke, Vintners Bar & Grill, Barossa
1x 150 g 4 bone lamb rack per serve
approx 500 mL extra virgin olive oil
12 shallots (rough dice)
4 cloves garlic (rough dice)
2 Tbsp capers
1/2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
3/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
1 bunch tarragon
10 slices white bread crusts off
300 g fresh podded peas
300 g frozen peas
200 g butter
- Prepare 1 x 150 g 4 bone lamb rack per person
- Heat 100 mL extra virgin olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat
- Sear and brown the lamb racks before placing in a moderate oven for approximately 13-15 minutes
- Remove from oven and rest
Tarragon bread salsa
- Cook shallots and garlic in 100 mL of extra virgin olive oil until soft but no colour, cool
- Place cooked shallots and garlic in a kitchen wiz with the capers, mustard, vinegar, tarragon and bread, 1 cup of extra virgin olive oil and salt and white pepper to taste – blend
- Place podded fresh peas in boiling salted water, bring back to boil, simmer for 1 minute
- Strain off water and place the peas in blender with butter until smooth
- Add frozen peas into blender until pureed
- Season with salt and pepper
- Place the lamb racks on pea puree and top with a generous amount of tarragon salsa
- Fill wine glasses with Elderton’s Barossa Shiraz or Neil Ashmead Grand Tourer Shiraz
- Serve and enjoy!
We hope you enjoy this deliciously simple meal.
ELDERTON WINE MATCH
We’d love to see your dining at home experience – feel free to email through your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org or share with us on Facebook or Instagram with the tags @eldertonwines and #barossa.