by Elderton Wines collaborating with Relish the Barossa
Friday of the June long weekend is the day we always host our Ribs & Red long lunch in the barrel hall here at Elderton – sharing great food and wine and having a fun afternoon in the barrel hall!
BBQ Pork Ribs with Coffee Chilli Rub
- Preheat Kettle BBQ for indirect cooking (or middle shelf of your home oven) at 150°C.
- Coat each side of each rack of ribs with 1 Tablespoon of Coffee Chilli Rub, ensuring you get an even spread.
- Wrap each rack of ribs presentation side up in baking paper then aluminium foil to make 2 separate parcels. Be sure that they are fully sealed to retain all of the juices when cooking.
- Place parcels in Kettle cooker/oven beside each other (avoid overlapping) and close lid/door.
- Cook for 2 hours.
- At 2 hours test for readiness by carefully opening one of the parcels and peel 2 x middle ribs away from each other using tongs.
- Cook a further 15 minutes if required. When they separate easily they are ready to be basted.
- To baste, fully open the parcels leaving the ribs sitting in the juices. Pour 1/2 of the BBQ Smokehouse Sauce bottle on each rack. Spread evenly with a basting brush.
- Close the lid/oven and cook for a further 30 minutes. Ribs are ready when the sauce has taken on a caramelised look and should fall away from the bone easily.
- Serve hot with a glass of Elderton red wine!