by Jess Ruciack
Recipe provided by Justin Miles from Windy Point Restaurant
On Friday, 10 August, we held a Commander Seasonal Lunch at Cellar Door. We were excited to have Chef Justin Miles from Windy Point Restaurant as our guest chef at Elderton Wines. He created a delicious 5-course lunch which matched beautifully with our current release and back vintage wines, selected by Allister from the family museum.
Dessert was the fabulous panna cotta pictured above, matched with our 2016 Golden Semillon. Perfect!
Thanks to Justin, you can make this at home, as he has provided the recipe for us to share:
Earl Grey Panna Cotta
750mL thickened cream
5g Earl Grey leaves
250mL boiling water
11g gelatin leaves
- Boil water and pour over tea leaves, allow to steep for 2 minutes only, then fine strain, discard leaves, keep liquid.
- Place cream and sugar into stainless steel saucepan and bring to simmer (do not boil), use spatula to keep from sticking on saucepan bottom.
- Soak gelatin in cold water for 5 minutes.
- Squeeze gelatin with hands, add to simmered cream, stir until dissolved.
- Strain through fine strainer into a measuring jug to determine total liquid amount.
- Divide and pour into individual glasses or soup bowls.
- Refrigerate – allow to set for at least 4 hours but preferably overnight.
Here’s Allister backstage with Justin during the August Commander Seasonal Lunch.
If you recreate this recipe at home, let us know – we’d love to see you dessert and wine match wins!
Cheers, ’til next time.
PS. If you want to learn more about being a Commander, and how you can get your place at the next Commander Seasonal Lunch, check out https://eldertonwines.com.au/commanders/ or email email@example.com